Patron Margarita CupcakesJune 8, 2012
If anyone knows me they know I lust for cupcakes and cakes. Sweet things full of carbs will always be my downfall. I bake cupcakes all the time, probably every two weeks. On occasion I drink and a patron margarita is my go to. So these cupcakes couldnt fit my taste more perfectly. They are the right bit of sweetness with just the right hint of tequila and lime to contrast the sugary goodness going in your mouth. If you don’t drink and want to make these without alcohol you can easily swap out the bits of patron with more lime juice and it will still taste great!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup unsalted soft butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 3 limes zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Patron (set aside)
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 5-6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/8 tablespoon Patron
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Lime slices for garnishing
Directions For Cupcake Batter:
1. PreHeat overn to 325 Degrees F and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners
2. Mix dry ingredients together: In a regular sized mixing bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder.
3. In a separate larger mixing bowl with mixer on medium, mix together sugar and butter until it’s light and fluffy.
4. Mix in each egg one at a time also mixing in lime zest, lime juice and vanilla extract.
5. With mixer on low gradually add in each cup of flour pouring in a little buttermilk with each cup of flour (do not overbeat)
6. Evenly fill up cupcake liners and bake for 20-23 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
7. After baking brush the top of each cupcake with Patron
Directions For Frosting:
1. Beat butter with mixer until soft and fluffy
2. Gradually mix in 5 cups of powdered sugar until light and fluffy
3. Mix in salt, lime zest, lime juice and patron
4. Mix in the last cup of powdered sugar (if needed) until frosting is a good piping consistency
5. You may add in more lime and patron until frosting flavor is to your desire. Frost and garnish cupcakes with lime once they have cooled down
Frosting can be refrigerated separately and is good for 2 weeks. To reuse after refrigeration just sit out and allow it to get to room temperature.
I hope you enjoy this recipe please leave comments if you have any questions or you make it and let me know how it turned out!
This post has 6,680 views